Wednesday, October 26, 2016

#IntPiPoMo 2016 Hath Arrived!

IntPiPoMo?

IntPiPoMo, or International Picture Posting Month is the image equivalent of National Novel Writing Month (or NaNoWriMo). NaNoWriMo focuses on writing 50,000 words over the course of the month of November. So, if a picture is a thousand words, that means that IntPiPoMo requires fifty pictures

These can be anything from screenshots from any game, to photographs you take in real life and want to share on your blog. Seriously, they can be anything—character selfies, shots of combat, sharing your game UI, showing off all those pretty new scenery shots in the Remastered Skyrim... you get the idea.

IntPiPoMo was started back in 2011 by Angelya of Revive & Rejuventate. In 2013, Jojo of Admiring Azeroth picked up the initiative. Last year Jojo passed it along to me, as she was out of the country and unable to run it. I changed it up a bit last year, offering some prizes for those that completed, and I plan to do so again this year. I'm hoping to continue to do the initiative justice, and I'm excited to see what kinds of screenshots and pictures folks are going to share!

How to Participate

Inigo here will explain... no, he will sum up.

  • Fill out this form to let me know you are participating! You can join at any time throughout the month of November!
  • Take a banner (below) and use it on your site! Link back to this post so folks know where to go and what to do.
  • Aim to post fifty (50) images of your own creation/taking throughout the month of November.
    • There is no strict posting schedule or theme to adhere to, but feel free to bounce ideas off of fellow participants!
    • Feel free to post these images as a once-a-week batch, or throughout the week in small doses.
  • Use the #IntPiPoMo hastag when you share your blog posts via social media.
Here's the banner!

What Do You Get?

Well, duh, the satisfaction that you completed the challenge! However, I am offering a few prizes again this year.
  • Grand Prize - Of all participants who complete 50 images, I will be using a RNG (random.org) to draw a winner for a game up to $15 on Steam (game time for an MMO can be worked out if preferred)!
  • Three Other Prizes - Of all participants who complete 25+ images (up to and including those who make it to 50), I will be using a RNG (random.org) to draw three winners for a game up to $10 on Steam!
-------------------------------------

The List

Updated Nov 20,2016 - 1553 EST
-------------------------------------

FAQ

Updated Oct 26, 2016 - 1436 EST

I got some great questions last year, and I'd like to continue the answers. Don't hesitate to reach out if your question isn't answered here!

Q: Can I sign up during the event itself? I don't know if I can/want to participate.
A: Of course! You could sign up the final day, though I don't suggest it.

Q: I don't want to put these on my main blog. Can I use my Tumblr?
A: Yep! Tumblr is a form of blogging called micro-blogging. Some people also have micro-blogs on other platforms, too. All these micro-blogs are welcome as a part of the event!

Q: You mentioned photography being allowed, but what if I wanted to share some artwork throughout the month. Can I use it as a part of my submissions?
A: Yes! Whether it's digital artwork, sculpting, knitting, etc., any form of creativity can tell just as much of a story as words can. Who am I to tell you that you can't use these as well?

Q: I really don't want to fill up my blog with photos. Can I participate and utilize photos as a part of my regular posts to count?
A: Indeed! Images don't always convey everything you want to write, and sometimes you don't want to make images the focus of a post. You are more than welcome to count images that you include as a part of a written post, so long as they are your own screenshots/photos.

Q: Can I create an animated GIF of images to get my point across?
A: So long as the images/screenshots are your own, feel free to create a GIF! However, at this point, it will only be counted as one image towards the total.

Q: Do I have to take all new shots? Or can I utilize shots I've already taken?
A: There is no need to take new shots, but I ask that you utilize shots that have not yet been posted in any other blog post, please!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...